Although the S8 Series is a new model for Gleaner, its components are not untested. Over eight decades, the Gleaner combine has become known for its 7 unique design and performance, and many of those unique attributes and mechanisms remain in this latest edition. Gleaner’s performance comes from the combination of our patented processes and components with a design unlike any of our competitors.
Here’s what makes a Gleaner unique:
- The two-stage, four-strand gathering chain system allows the cylinder to be smoothly fed at the same angle regardless of the header height. The long feeder house with lowered rear feed floor provides an increase of 65 in² (420 cm²) to allow a smooth and higher flow of material.
- The Natural Flow™ transverse rotor in our Tritura processor keeps crop moving in one uninterrupted direction directly from the header into the rotor and out the rear of the machine.
- Distribution augers spread material evenly before it enters the cleaning process, allowing a uniform ribbon of material without the uneven feeding and bunching of other designs.
- Accelerator rolls speed the crop’s descent, allowing more air to clean the crop more thoroughly with reduced sensitivity to hills and slopes but without the expense and complexity of self-leveling cleaning systems.
- The transverse fan has exclusive two-stage cleaning. The first stage cleans heavy material right beneath the accelerator rolls, pushing chaff out the rear of the combine. The second stage comes up through the sieve and chaffer, lifting remaining chaff and carrying it out the rear of the combine. Together, they greatly improve cleaning efficiency over competitors’ designs.
- Fully welded frame keeps the S8 Series solid and strong and provides a stable foundation for all shafts and components.
- Low center of gravity, heavy final drives and welded frames on the S8 Series provide for a standard bin capacity of 390 bushels (13,743 L) on the S68, S78 and new Class 8 S88, one of the largest bin capacities on any Class 6 through Class 8 combine in the industry.
- Unique “Direct Flow” two-auger design features a large 12-inch (305 mm) grain bin cross auger that feeds the 14-inch (356 mm) swivel unloader auger at a 29-degree angle. Because we use only two augers versus the 90-degree turns of competitive systems with three or more augers, we deliver better grain quality with less component wear combined with reduced horsepower and fuel requirements.